Monday, March 7, 2011

Sensitive

Sometimes I really don’t like how sensitive I can be. It sounds weird(at least to me) but I can sense when something is wrong with a person, even if they don’t tell me. I had this experience today and I asked if they were okay and they, very rudely, said “ I don’t want to talk to you about it” so I left it alone. I wish I could say I forgot about it after that and went along my merry way but..yea, not so much. Whatever their trouble, didn’t have anything to do with me but it felt directed at me by their reaction. I have all these thoughts like “ fine, be rude, see if I ever listen to you about any of your problems again.” “good luck with all your crap, I don’t want to hear about it every again” The problem is, I can’t keep to those thoughts and I care too much. So instead it hurts my feelings. UGH! Plus as I draw closer to God, and realize who I am in Him, I can’t just turn off who I am. I’m salt and light. I’m to reflect God’s love, even though people aren’t deserving. And by that, I don't mean to sound better than anyone. No one is deserving of God's love, that's why it's so awesome.
I took a moment to read God's word and calm myself down a bit. It helped. Just praying for whatever is going on with them to be resolved and for God to give me the wisdom to know how to handle them when they will turn to me again. I’m sooooo thankful for Christ, to be his child. I just don’t know how I’d handle life without Him.
I"m also so thankful to have a husband who is my best friend and I can talk to about stuff like this. He always makes me feel better.
I took this picture while he was getting ready for work. With this new camera app, I made him look like a dad from the 50s lol ;)

1 comment:

  1. love the pic lol! You are right...none of us deserve Gods love. Thats why we give love to others even when they done "deserve" it from us. Believe me...Ive had to learn that this year.

    We need to get together...hope you have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete