Monday, March 7, 2011

Who Do You Think You Are

Since I have such love for Lifechurch.tv and all the msgs pastor Craig gives each week, I decided to share them on my blog. Just so you know what's on my heart as I continue to grow in my relationship with Him.
Right now we're doing a series called " Who do you think you are" as is who you are in Christ.
Yesterday's msg was Salt and Light and it was a great msg.
Our pastor has a great way of breaking things down in a way that really applies to your life.

He opened with Luke 5:31-32
"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
He said we, as followers of Christ, are the Salt of the earth and the Light of the world.
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men." Matthew 5:13

He then broke down what salt does:
it Preserves
it Purifies
it creates Thrist
it Melts
it Heals

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16

Let Your Light Shine!

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Acts 16:25

Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open and everybody's chains came loose. The jailer woke up and when he saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself because he thought the prisoners had escaped. But Paul shouted" Don't harm yourself! We are all here!" Acts 16:26-28

Your Salt and Light living changes lives.

The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked" Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied" Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved- you and your household." Acts 16 29-31

Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all they others in his house. At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his family were baptized. The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God- he and his whole family. Acts 16:32-34.

This really hit home with me. Sometimes it's overwhelming to me to think of the responsibility of spreading God's message to those that don't know him. I just have to remind myself that it's something I don't need to force. By putting my faith in Him and living my life to follow Him, I will reflect God's light. He will put me in the situations where He was use me and work through me. How awesome is that!

If you want to see this message, just go to Lifechurch.tv, hit "Watch" and you can view any of Craig's messages and learn a bit more about my church :)


No comments:

Post a Comment